Craigslist


Last night i posted this ad on craigslist

"Date: 2009-02-04 01:53:35
PostID: 1020172354
Title: (skilled trades jobs) Ghostbuster needed
Seeking part time ghostbuster for graveyard shifts, must have previous experience working with spirits. Must have own equipment.



ESP or previous work as a medium considered an asset but not necessary



Please apply with resume and previous job experience.



jokers need not apply"

These are the responses before it got "flagged for removal."

"I modified my vaccuum cleaner for just this job. Ready for duty."

"Hi, I'd love some more information about this position.

Thanks."

"Hello, I could not help but reply to this ad ,as it is indeed most intriguing. While I don't have any actual ghostbusting experience, I was wondering if I may be of use in other areas: I have a 14'cube van equipped with a power tailgate ; am a certified nightowl, and have a very flexible schedule, in addition to second year university level education. I am seeking a job that would be unusual, and I think this one would be hard to beat. If I may be of service to you, please call me, Tony, at 604-+836-0141, or 604+-682-3269 ext7003. Thank you."

"Hi,

I'm inquiring about the Ghostbusting job. What signs have u been recieving that your place is haunted and is the place built on native indian land?
If you can provide any other information, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Bibi"

"Hi, my name is Travis and before I start rambling on here, I will be honest. As far as experience goes.. I have 0. However, you will find that my interest in the paranormal, my drive to do something completely "off the beaten path" and my ability to learn quick and efficiently. would far outweigh any lack of experience.

I see that your advertisement states that it would be graveyard shifts, and that works fine for me being a night owl (bartender for 15 years). Also that jokers need not apply, and that I can assure you is NOT the case, I truly am interested in anything I can get my hands on in the paranormal research field. However I do not have my own equipment (yet). :P

I am a 30 year old man, and have been curious on exactly how a person forms a "paranormal research society" (I noticed Canada has few) .. and to be honest, been laughed at on more than one occasion and constantly been second guessing myself, forcing me to leave that behind and be regular like everyone else in my job search. So as you can tell coming across this advertisement completely restored my faith in the fact that if one looks hard enough there is people out there to talk to ..

You will find enclosed my "real life" resume, and though you will find that it is NOT tuned to this job at all. I unfortunately couldn't begin to understand what sort of things to put on it to apply for a job of this nature. However I ask that you consider me now, or even in the future, as someone with a genuine interest, and someone who is fresh enough to learn and strive in the field.

Thank you for your time.
Travis."


OldThings